ICQ 6

Yes, I am still using ICQ 6 for work related purposes. I was surprised to see that I still have alot of my old contacts on the icq list. Some of them brought back memories, but others just basically made me realise how old I was. hehe. My icq number still sits at 37743527 which is only 7 digits, last check there is about 10 digits now for the latest icq numbers.

Anywho what I wanted to say was that I HAD SO MUCH TROUBLE just trying to get my history details out from my icq list. Wanted to savour some moments I had when I was a young punk in University. Goodness me, the trouble I had to go through using an ICQ exporter which required me to pay USD15.00 to extra my data. I ain't paying crap! hehe. So i guess i followed some tricks to download messages.mdb from the system, which is the type of db that icq uses to store messages unlike msn which uses XML. It took me quite a while to find it on VISTA! stupid vista, its a constant reminder to never upgrade my notebook to it. Vista came with work so I had no choice. So much tweaking to do and it took me ages to get to this "C:\Users\magicstar\AppData\Roaming\ICQ" instead of this "C:\Documents & Settings\your user name\ICQ\" on a typical Windows XP which is so much more clearer and easier. I really wonder if the developers for Vista had alot of twisted minds trying to get the codings right. Any ex-microsoft developers out there?

Oh wells after finally getting the mdb out, I had to download and online mdb reader coz dohs i don't have microsoft access. lol, so i headed over to MDB Viewer Plus 1.41 to grab my viewer. Weee! everything is settled! Gotta love Google!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chat Tu Chak Market

Rainy Saturday