Plantronics Backbeat Pro Choppy Sounds with MBP Mid 2012 Retina

After spending a couple of hundred dollars on a BT headphones, my very first very expensive headphones (have always resorted to free headphones from Apple) its frustrating to know it doesn't work 100% on all my devices.

My last expensive headphones was a Marshall wired that was purchased from BingLee for $80 almost 3 years ago, it served me so well but it deteriorated so badly that I could hardly keep the left headphones padding in place without the need to super glue the thing to the headset, so I decided I'd invest in something better and wireless (had to many encounters of having my wireless locked on door handles, arm chairs, car seats, hand brakes that I believe if I get hooked another time I would lose an ear somewhere.

It twas so annoying cause it worked on everything else.. iphone, android and even my ipad but my MBP omg i could literally slap my MBP silly. One would think something like that should be easy to fix but nooooo Apple likes to make simple things difficult. The sound emitting from my headphones was cracky, skips, buzzes pretty much all the noise instead of the smooth sounds that you would expect from a good quality headphones.

So after poking around found a solution here.

defaults write com.apple.BluetoothAudioAgent "Apple Bitpool Max (editable)" 80 
defaults write com.apple.BluetoothAudioAgent "Apple Bitpool Min (editable)" 80 
defaults write com.apple.BluetoothAudioAgent "Apple Initial Bitpool (editable)" 80 
defaults write com.apple.BluetoothAudioAgent "Apple Initial Bitpool Min (editable)" 80 
defaults write com.apple.BluetoothAudioAgent "Negotiated Bitpool" 80 
defaults write com.apple.BluetoothAudioAgent "Negotiated Bitpool Max" 80 
defaults write com.apple.BluetoothAudioAgent "Negotiated Bitpool Min" 80

To see what your current settings are:

defaults read com.apple.BluetoothAudioAgent

Voila! it worked! it sounds soo good now! Thank you!

Am using Plantronics Backbeat Pro + MBP Mid 2012 Retina running Yosemite version 10.10.5.

defaults write com.apple.BluetoothAudioAgent "Apple Bitpool Max (editable)" 80 
defaults write com.apple.BluetoothAudioAgent "Apple Bitpool Min (editable)" 48 
defaults write com.apple.BluetoothAudioAgent "Apple Initial Bitpool (editable)" 40 
defaults write com.apple.BluetoothAudioAgent "Apple Initial Bitpool Min (editable)" 40 
defaults write com.apple.BluetoothAudioAgent "Negotiated Bitpool" 58 
defaults write com.apple.BluetoothAudioAgent "Negotiated Bitpool Max" 58 
defaults write com.apple.BluetoothAudioAgent "Negotiated Bitpool Min" 48

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chat Tu Chak Market

Rainy Saturday