Yosemite Post Fixes

After taking approximately 1 hour to download I've finally decided that its time to take a stab at installing Yosemite on my work computer.

Yosemite installation was pretty simple, a couple of button clicks I'm installing and its telling me its going to take at least 22 minutes, 10 seconds later it decided that its going to take 25 minutes. At that point I'm really seriously considering if my choice was the right one.

26 minutes later its working and I'm so thankful. Nowadays installing anything new from Apple just requires pre-cautionary steps like reading the reviews from the Google making sure all the stuffs just works after upgrading.

Over the next couple of hours, system was just slow as I believe Apple is re-indexing everything in my 250G of storage and making sure I'm haven't lost any data.

Mail was casually slower then usual and it still is till today, not sure why .. could my work being slow.

MySql stumbled out of the window, Google tells me there isn't really a fix as  yet unless I upgrade to the next version of XAMPP but that would be reconfiguring all my configs. Not ready for that yet. Google search again to come up with a hot fix to the xampp command to unset the DYLIB. Lovely!

Photoshop dropped dead and decided that I needed to fix my Java Legacy codes. This time Apple directed me to a page which has a "download" button. Yay! Love it when it just works!

Hopefully no more required fixes to come ...

Might upgrade my notebook next ...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chat Tu Chak Market

Rainy Saturday